- email us
- Jupiter, Florida, United States
Get Involved in Your Community by Serving on a Town Board or Committee!
For Jupiter Residents:
Serving on a Town board or committee is an opportunity to use your time and talents in public service to your community. Many of these boards and committees have upcoming vacancies that will be filled through appointments by Town Council tentatively scheduled for the first Council meeting in April.
- Art Committee – Works to develop and promote interest, support and appreciation of the arts within the Town of Jupiter. Meets on the last Monday of each month at 5:30 pm.
- Audit Committee – Provides the Town Council with advice and recommendations on matters related to the Town's audited financial statements. Meets three times per year.
- Beach Committee – Works to make beach areas more attractive, physically healthier, and accessible. Meets quarterly.
- Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals – Hears appeals concerning interpretations and enforcement of the building and technical codes. Meets on an as-needed basis.
- Education Committee – Provides information and recommendations to the Town Council pertaining to school capacity, school renovations and construction regarding the public schools in the Town. Meets on a quarterly basis at a minimum, or more frequently if necessary.
- Historic Resources Board – Promotes the preservation and conservation of historic and archaeological resources and makes recommendations to the Town Council regarding applications for historic designation, certificates of appropriateness, digs, demolition permits, and nomination of properties to the National Register of Historic Places. Meets on the third Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.
- Planning and Zoning Commission – Makes formal recommendations to the Town Council regarding land use, site and appearance plans for new projects. Meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm.
- Police Pension Board – Administers the Municipal Police Officer’s Retirement Fund. A background and general understanding of finance, investments, and the stock market is preferred. Meets quarterly on the second Monday of the month at 10 am.