- email us
- Jupiter, Florida, United States
John C. Giba Student Leadership Scholarship Applications Now Available
The Chamber’s Foundation Student Leadership Award Program aims to encourage, recognize and reward selected area High School seniors who have demonstrated leadership potential through a combination of academic excellence, community service and extra-curricular activities. The Foundation recognizes students at the Annual Education Awards membership breakfast. Awards are derived from the income of an Endowment Program established under the Chamber Foundation, a private non-profit foundation.
John C. Giba, a Jupiter-Tequesta businessman, believed in the importance of student leadership through education. Chamber Foundation was formed to oversee the endowment established by Mr. Giba’s donation and is committed to investing in the educational future of our youth.
Recipients of the Student Leadership Awards must:
- Reside in or attend school in one of the municipalities served by the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce: Mangonia Park, Riviera Beach, Palm Beach Shores, Lake Park, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Tequesta, Juno Beach, Jupiter Inlet Colony
- Be a high school senior
- Complete and submit an application signed by his/her School Principal
Five recipients will be selected. One recipient will receive a $3,000 award. Four additional recipients will each receive a $1,500 award. Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership experience that significantly impacts his/her school and/or community
- Outstanding academic excellence (minimum 3.0 high school GPA)
- Evidence of significant community service done during the high school career
- Involvement in school-based or community extra-curricular activities that demonstrate leadership qualities
- Friday, March 29, 2019 by 5 PM: Applications DUE
- Monday, April 1 – Friday, April 12, 2019: Applications are reviewed
- Monday, April 15 – Monday, April 22, 2019: Finalists interviewed by committee
- Monday, April 29, 2019: Recipients are notified
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019: Annual Education Awards breakfast (recipients recognized)
Click here to download application
Applications may be emailed to Whitney West at email@example.com.